Bilderberg.org Forum Index Bilderberg.org
the view from the top of the pyramid of power

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Man recovers Austin-Healey thieved in 1970

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Global Totalitarian Superstate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EthanHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Man recovers Austin-Healey thieved in 1970 Reply with quote

Bob Russell is a male who adores his car. He was recently brought together with his 1967 Austin-Healey 3000. It was a reunion he believed he would never see. The car was thieved in 1970. Are you currently in the market to buy or sell a used or new Ford car? If this relates to you, plan a test drive at Courtesy dealership Brooklyn!

Only because he could not sleep

Russell has been looking Ebay looking for his stolen British automobile for the last 42 years since it was thieved in Philadelphia. He was not able to rest one night and got on Ebay to look at cars on May 11.

The car mans a fantastic deal to Russell. He and his wife went on their first date in it more than 40 years back.

According to TheSpec.com:

"I used to always look at Austin-Healeys parked on the side of the road; every once in a while, I'd search the Internet. I knew finding it would be impossible."

It was unlikely, but it is not impossible.

VIN memorized

Russell was really thrilled when he found a 1967 Austin-Healey 3000 for sale with his exact same VIN. He memorized the VIN because he loved the British luxury vehicle so much. Seeing it was just a surprise.

Russell said:

"At first I wondered if my eyes were functioning. I'm still trying to come down from the adrenalin rush."

The VIN plate was missing on the vehicle also as the trunk and glove compartment locks, but it was being sold by an auto dealer in Beverly Hills, Calif., still.

Trying to get the stolen vehicle back

Russell contacted the car dealership, telling them that the vehicle was his and that it had been thieved. The dealer responded, saying that he acquired the car from a man who claimed to have acquired it in 1970. He also had all the legal ownership documents.

To Get The Absolute Best Sale For A Used Ford Pay A Visit To Gus Johnson Dealer Without Delay!

For a number of weeks Russell tried to negotiate with the car dealership and with the Beverly Hills police, but was getting nowhere. Finally, he contacted the National Crime Info Center and got a copy of his original police report from 1970. Then he contacted the police in Philadelphia, where the car was thieved from.

Car finally received

On June 14, the report was reactivated, and then the vehicle was impounded. It did not take long to get to Southern California so Russell and wife Cynthia could choose up the car on June 18.

The vehicle needs some work but is in generally good condition. The odometer read 42,000 miles when Russell retrieved it, 1,000 for each year he had been trying to find it. It is valued now at $20,000 to $30,000. But Russell says it will be worth $50,000 when he gets done with it.

Cynthia Russell was maybe even happier than her husband to get the vehicle back. Referring to that first date so long ago, she said:

“I liked him; he was cute. But I loved the car!”

Sources

AOL Autos

Columbus Dispatch

Stuff.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Global Totalitarian Superstate All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: