Bilderberg.org Forum Index Bilderberg.org
the view from the top of the pyramid of power

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turkish Nuclear Bill...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Bilderberg 2007: close to the Mossad offices in Istanbul's Ritz Carlton Hotel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Meadows
Committed Poster
Committed Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Turkish Nuclear Bill... Reply with quote

This news just in:

"We learned today that tomorrow it will be discussed in the general session, most probably it will pass without much resistance from the opposition party. It is really a blow to me, I did not expect them to be able to make such a manuever while that have the presidential election crisis at hand."

Last edited by Johnny Meadows on Sat May 26, 2007 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
TonyGosling
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Turkey to have its first nuclear plant by 2015 Reply with quote

Turkey to have nuclear plant by 2015
Fri, 11 May 2007 14:25:11
http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=9491&sectionid=351020204

Okay Cakiroglu, Head of Turkish Atomic Energy Agency says Ankara will have the first series of nuclear power plants operating by 2015.

"We will build our first nuclear plant by 2015. We have the necessary know-how for this," MSNBC quoted him as saying.

There is high demand for nuclear energy in the world today and Turkey should make a decision quickly on the issue, he went on to say.

Addressing a parliamentary committee on global warming, TAEK chairman said nuclear power plants are necessary for reducing the amount of carbon dioxide emitted to atmosphere.

Turkey, a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, plans to build three power plants in the Black Sea coastal town Sinop with a total 5,000 MW capacity.

Several firms from Canada, Japan, Korea, France and China have expressed interest in Turkey's nuclear program.

The recent natural gas spat between Russia and Ukraine, Turkey's Black Sea northern neighbors, along with reductions in Iranian gas exports to Turkey due to cold weather in January have highlighted Ankara's vulnerability to external energy shocks.

HA/IS
Johnny Meadows
Committed Poster
Committed Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God! I just found out that Turkish President Sezer has vetoed the Nuclear Draft Bill!!! This means that Turkey may not get involved in a nuclear arms race...

However, due to the fact that he's at the end of his term (will leave in September), this may still be a short-term policy. Let's hope the new president doesn't renege on this.

I'll post the sources once I find them.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Bilderberg 2007: close to the Mossad offices in Istanbul's Ritz Carlton Hotel All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: