Bilderberg.org Forum Index Bilderberg.org
the view from the top of the pyramid of power

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elisabeth Ardaillon-Poirier, Trichet's 'second lady'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> English language Bilderberg Free, Exploratory, Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Elisabeth Ardaillon-Poirier, Trichet's 'second lady' Reply with quote

And so it happened that on 01/11/2003 there was a change of Presidency at the European Central Bank:

http://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/pr/date/2003/html/pr031101.en.html

But wait! Wasn’t there another appointment just one week prior?

Indeed there was… The Executive Board had appointed Mrs Elisabeth Ardaillon-Poirier, formerly Executive Director of Press and Communications at the Banque de France since 1994, as Director Communications at the European Central Bank as of 01/11/2003. And the poor incumbent, Manfred Körber, who had held the post since August 1998, had to clear his desk - retiring (apparently) at his own request.

http://www.ecb.europa.eu/press/pr/date/2003/html/pr031023.en.html

OK, so there were two new starters at the ECB from Banque de France on 01/11/2003… What of it?

Well, here I would like to phrase my words very carefully indeed. It looked for the entire world as though the new boss had brought along his closest advisor and installed her without any sort of selection procedure.

But nobody really knows that..?

True. And I must be mistaken because the ECB is a high-profile European institution with officials that exercise the highest standards of behavior in public office.

Anyway, you seem to allude to the fact that he installed his own secretary?

No! I don’t mean that at all. According to the EU Whoiswho listing, within the ECB hierarchy, the Director Communications reports to the Director General Administration:

http://europa.eu/whoiswho/public/index.cfm?fuseaction=idea.hierarchy&nodeID=826&personID=107941&lang=en

However, this does appear to differ from the ECB’s own view of its organisational structure:

http://www.ecb.europa.eu/ecb/orga/orgachart/bas/html/index.en.html

Very odd! Surely the ECB's Directorate Communications falls within Trichet's managerial portfolio?

That cannot be true. Just think about it for a second. Imagine you were Trichet. If an attractive female colleague from Banque de France joined the ECB - in a senior management position no less - on the very same day that you commenced your duties, with tasks and responsibilities that required her to accompany you on your official duties around the world… I mean, you would definitely take distance in order to avoid gossip and misunderstanding wouldn’t you?

Clearly. Even if you wanted to be in the unfortunate position of inviting such observations in the first place…

You would certainly not exercise any direct say in her remuneration and reward.

Impossible to imagine…

Of course, if her presence in the organization was absolutely required for the performance of your duties…

Pass me that sword; I think I’m falling… Wink

I hope you're not making fun about those beastly Freemasonry ceremonies are you?

Last edited by Charles on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
samuel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://opinionjournal.com/columnists/bstephens/?id=110009982

The wall street journal took some time to speak about european union bureaucracy being hypocrit about one case of conflict of interest.

It was after all to protect wolfowitz..which lessen their emphasis on a code of conduct.
Charles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Trichet: Breaching the ECB's Code of Conduct? Reply with quote

The ECB's Code of Conduct applies to both members of staff and the members of the Executive Board:

http://www.ecb.int/ecb/pdf/orga/c_07620010308en00120015.pdf

Quoting from this document (bold for emphasis):

Quote:
3. RELATIONS WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD

3.1. Independence

3.1.1. Avoidance of external influence

The principle of independence is laid down in Article 7 of the Statute of the European System of Central Banks and of the European Central Bank (hereinafter referred to as the 'Statute'). In all external relations the addressees should support the commitment of the ECB to act in accordance with the principle of independence. Accordingly, addressees should not seek or take instructions from any government, authority, organisation or person outside the ECB.

[..]

3.7. Private financial activities and conflicts of interest

[..]

3.7.1. Avoidance of potential conflicts of interest

The addressees should avoid any situation liable to give rise to a conflict of interest. Conflicts of interest arise where the addressees have private or personal interests which may influence or appear to influence the impartial and objective performance of their duties. Private or personal interests mean any potential advantage for themselves, their families,
their other relatives or their circle of friends and acquaintances.

[..]

4.2. Use of the ECB's resources

[..] The addressees are also expected to take all reasonable and appropriate measures to limit the costs and expenses of the ECB wherever possible, so that the available resources can be employed in the most efficient manner.

Whereas:
    The Bilderberg Meetings are private with no public agenda and no published minutes;
    The President of the ECB is known to regularly attend the Bilderberg Meetings (photographs, leaked attendance lists);
    The President of the ECB must surely use ECB resources and personnel in the course of attending the Bilderberg Meetings.

I would observe that Trichet might very well be breaching several provisions of his own institution's Code of Conduct by attending the Bilderberg Meetings.
Charles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Elisabeth Ardaillon-Poirier, Trichet's 'second lady' Reply with quote

Charles wrote:
Imagine you were Trichet. If an attractive female colleague from Banque de France joined the ECB - in a senior management position no less - on the very same day that you commenced your duties, with tasks and responsibilities that required her to accompany you on your official duties around the world… I mean, you would definitely take distance in order to avoid gossip and misunderstanding wouldn’t you?

Clearly. Even if you wanted to be in the unfortunate position of inviting such observations in the first place…

You would certainly not exercise any direct say in her remuneration and reward.

Impossible to imagine…

Of course, if her presence in the organization was absolutely required for the performance of your duties…

Pass me that sword; I think I’m falling… Wink

Bloomberg: Trichet 'Convinced' that IMF's Strauss-Kahn Didn't Abuse Power
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> English language Bilderberg Free, Exploratory, Discussion Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: