Bilderberg.org Forum Index Bilderberg.org
the view from the top of the pyramid of power

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dennis Wheatley - Magic, the black art and the supernatural

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Bilderberg conference 2020 supposedly cancelled. Speculation/leaks. NATO/Brussels superstate dying, or exploding?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Dennis Wheatley - Magic, the black art and the supernatural Reply with quote

From
Satanism and Witches
The Dennis Wheatley Library of the Occult Volume 21
Selected by Dennis Wheatley
ISBN 0 7221 9038 7
Pub. Sphere Books 1974

http://groups.google.com/group/pepis/browse_thread/thread/ed064d26235f01c2
http://www.bilderberg.org/pepis08.htm#103

WHITE AND BLACK MAGIC
Dennis Wheatley
The Devil is just round the corner, and he is watching you. Don't you believe that? There are a lot of people who do, and some of them, even in this country, still participate in abominable rites for the purpose of courting his favour.
If you do not believe that the Devil is interested in you, then you do not believe in God, without Whose knowledge, so the Bible tells us, not a sparrow falls. You cannot believe in one and not the other.
In the beginning Lucifer, to give the Devil his personal name, was an Archangel. His pride and ambition caused him to become the leader of the first revolution. God gave St. Michael command of the loyal angels. There was a tremendous battle and Michael's angels drove Lucifer and his angels out of Heaven down to Earth. That is why the Devil is known as 'The Lord of This World'.
That, too, is why, when our Lord Jesus Christ was on earth, the Devil was able to take Him up into a High Place and offer Him dominion over the fair cities and fruitful plains. To deny that the Temptation occurred is to deny a fundamental tenet of the Christian religion.
In the Middle Ages it was not uncommon for people to report that the Devil had appeared to them. In those days everyone's mind was dominated by religion. Most people attended two services on Sundays, fasted on Fridays and were present at family prayers morning and evening. They had no holidays other than Saints' days and going on a
pilgrimage;. they went regularly to confession and, for even the smallest sin, had to perform a penance. For them Heaven and Hell were vivid realities and, as life was cheap, they might find themselves pitchforked into one or the other with little warning. So it is not surprising that the more imaginative sometimes 'saw things'. We may, therefore, put down most of these reported 'visions' as the product of an empty stomach upon an empty brain. But not all.
Not, that is, if we can believe the late Aleister Crowley, who once assured me that it is perfectly possible to raise - he did not say the Devil, but that was what he meant.
Of course, it is not suggested that the mighty Lucifer ..... who is second only in power to the Lord God Himself appears to people in person. But each of us has a Guardian Angel, and it is his opposite number, a creature of the Devil's charged with our undoing, who, in exceptional circumstances, may become visible to human eyes.
The form in which such evil entities materialise is naturally that expected of them. Hence the fire-breathing horrors with horns, cloven hoofs and spiked tail which appeared to people in the Middle Ages, and that in Crowley's case it was that of Pan - the coldly evil Greek horned-god whom he had deliberately conjured up.
Why, you may ask, are people rarely troubled by such supernatural visitors in these days? The answer is that life is infinitely more complex, and the modem mind occupied by such things as politics, sport, the cinema, travel, broadcasts, the constant change in the fashions of clothes, and so on to the exclusion of religion. They are no longer interested in either saints or demons.
But do not suppose that, for that reason, the Devil no longer exists. As part of the original Creation he is immortal. Being no fool he has adapted himself to modem conditions and gone underground.
It is with good reason that one of his names is 'Lord of Misrule'. God's wish, clearly manifested in the teachings of Jesus Christ, is that we should avoid all cause for quarrels and so lead peaceful orderly lives. The Devil's province is to make us do the opposite. By luring individuals into sin he can break up families; by fostering trade disputes he can cause conditions which. ultimately lead to poverty and crime; by arousing the passions of nations he can cause war.
From the beginning of time he has made tools of the greedy, the discontented and the ambitious, stimulating them by the temptation of power to sabotage peace, prosperity and good stable government. Can anyone maintain that he has been idle during the past half century?
These subtle and ubiquitous activities apart, the Devil still plays an active role in the lives of quite a number of people. It is a fact that any day in a bus or a train YOU may be sitting opposite to a man or woman who has made a pact with Satan, or been sold to him.
In the introduction to Story IV 'A Life for a Life' I have already mentioned the case of the Essex woman who was' sold as a child to the Devil; and as 'Lord of this World' the Devil does not, of course, confine his attention to Christian people. As an example there is the case of the young Australian aboriginal, Lyn Wulumu, which was recently featured in the Press.
His mother-in-law wanted him out of the way so she 'sung him the song of the dreamtime snake'. When this is done by a votary of Satan a dream-snake coils itself round the body of the victim and gradually crushes him until he can no longer breathe. Lyn Wulumu, unquestionably a dying man, was flown down by the Methodist Mission to Darwin Hospital. Four doctors could find nothing whatever wrong with him physically, but they put him in an iron lung; his life was saved and it is now reported that he has regained the will to live.
My books with occult backgrounds have brought me many hundreds of letters from all parts of the world upon similar subjects. Scores of them are, of course, from people with bees in their bonnets; but with some knowledge of such matters it is not difficult to sort the wheat from he chaff, and many are from doctors, magistrates and clergymen vouching for their personal knowledge of happenings impossible to explain except as the result of witchcraft.
The fact is that, although unrealized by most Europeans, in every great city, in the jungles of Africa, the villages of Asia, the plantations of the West Indies, and even in some remote hamlets of our own countryside. Satanism is still practised.
The dual principle of Good and Evil, which is the basis of every religion, must continue in perpetual conflict until the end of time. On the Right hand we have light, warmth, growth and order; on the Left hand, darkness, cold, decay and chaos.
Each of us, having within us a part of the eternal Spirit, is able at will to communicate with the Higher Powers and draw down from them additional power to ourselves. The Saints did so by prayer to God, which enabled them to perform their miracles. The Devil may be found even quicker to answer.
As a young officer in the 1914-18 war, while convalescing, I, played a lot of vingt-et-un. After one ten-hour session, having become bored from drawing few cards worth betting upon, on the bank passing to me, I called on the Devil to give me luck. I drew two aces, doubled the table, drew another ace, split three times and finished with two naturals and a five and under. Everyone paid me sixteen times his original stake.
That shook the other chaps at the table; but it shook me infinitely more, as, sooner or later, that sort of 'luck' has to be paid for.
I have never prayed to the Devil since. Neither have I ever attended any form of magical ceremony or a séance. It is obviously such a fascinating game that even the strongest-willed person could easily get drawn further and further into it until - well, there are several very real dangers. The least is that one might find oneself being blackmailed for taking part in obscene practices. The worst, failure to pull out in time, with the realization that one had imperilled one's immortal soul. There is also the risk of slipping up in some ritual, with consequent failure to keep under control the forces one has called up. The result of that used to be called demonic possession. It is now classed as lunacy. One of Crowley's occult 'operations' misfired; so that he was found next morning a gibbering idiot, and had to spend six months in an asylum.
By prayer, fasting, and mortification of the flesh, the Saints called down power in order that they might perform miracles to the glorification of God, and heal the sick. This, the use of Supernatural Power for good or unselfish ends, is WHITE MAGIC.
The use of Supernatural Power for wicked or selfish ends is BLACK MAGIC. Such magic is of the Devil and can be obtained only by such sexual depravity and bestial rites as are described in the official reports of the initiation cere¬monies of the Mau Mau.
Yet it is not only in Africa that such abominations are practised. A few years ago women were giving themselves up to hideous eroticism with a great carved ebony figure, during Satanic orgies held in a secret temple in Bayswater, London, W.2.

THE BLACK ART AND THE SUPERNATURAL
Dennis Wheatley
Perhaps the most interesting man I met while collecting data for my novels with occult backgrounds was Mr. Rollo Ahmed. He was an advanced practitioner of Yoga and made good use of it. Although a native of the West Indies he never wore an overcoat and used to go about London in the winter in a thin cotton suit. One night, when it was well below freezing, he arrived to dine with me. He had no gloves but his hands were as warm as toast.
Rollo Ahmed was deeply versed in magical lore and possessed the gift of explaining it with great lucidity. From him I learnt much of the theory of the Black Art. Briefly it may be defined as a system of short cuts to obtaining Power.
Anyone can say prayers, or think evil. God will give new strength and fortitude in answer to prayer. The Devil will give strength and resolution actually to perform the evil deed contemplated. However, the human brain resembles a radio set. It needs tuning in to get the best results.
In very early times ways were discovered of 'tuning in' more rapidly. The holy used fasting and mortification of the flesh; the unholy gross indulgence and sexual depravity. Hence the wild orgies which are a main feature of every Satanic gathering - both ancient and modern.
It was also found that contact could be more swiftly achieved by the use of certain material aids. For example, the Clairvoyant does not actually see things in the crystal. It is a device to induce self-hypnotism and turn the mind inward so that it can pick up occult vibrations. To achieve this state practitioners of the Black Art consume potions composed of the vilest secretions of the human body. The Mau Mau do this; so, too, do the depraved followers of the Devil's cult who still live in our midst. Such acts may be compared to the ringing of a bell which summons a super¬natural Power.
SUPERNATURAL is simply a word to express that which lies beyond our comprehension, and MAGIC the procuring of a result normally regarded as impossible by the accepted ‘LAWS' of cause and effect. In the MATERIAL sphere the MAGIC of yesterday becomes the SCIENCE of today; but there remain innumerable NATURAL LAWS which are not yet generally understood. That applies particularly to the ability of certain humans to call upon forces of a SPIRITUAL nature; and since all spiritual power emanates from either God or the Devil those who employ them become priests and priestesses of either Good or Evil.
The good 'priest' uses supernatural power for unselfish ends; and the most common forms of his activities are 'paintaking' and faith healing. A recent inquiry by the British Medical Association has revealed that this type of White Magic is widely practised all over Britain. The investigators admit that warts can be charmed away, and can offer no explanation for that. Concerning more important cures, brought about by prolonged prayer, their report states:
'In the Committee's opinion it is probably better to acknowledge that the cures are at present inexplicable on scientific grounds.'
In this connection I had first-hand knowledge of an extraordinary happening while staying with my sister-in-law in South Africa. Her old negro cook, Maria, complained of acute pains in the breast and displayed to her an ugly tumour. Maria was at once taken down to the hospital. After examining her, the doctor put her in the waiting-room then, just outside its door, told my sister-in-law that the tumour was an advanced cancer and that it must be cut out without delay. An hour later he telephoned to ask where Maria was. She had disappeared.
Ten days later she returned with not a trace of the tumour. When asked for an explanation she said: 'I hears what that white doctor says to you, Missis, 'bout cuttin' me up. I's scared, so I slips off back to ma Kraal. The black doctor, he throws the bones for me and I's well again now.'
Another supernatural potential of the human mind which has now been recognized by the medical profession is Hypnotism. Yet no doctor can explain how it is possible for a subject to be made so iron rigid that his neck can be placed on one chair-back, his feet on another, and the hypnotist be able to kneel on the subject's stomach without his body even bending. .
The French psychologist, Pierre Janet, has even succeeded in hypnotising a patient at a distance of over a mile, at a time known only to the experimenters. That brings us to Mental Telepathy, of which countless people have had personal experience. Such happenings used to be put down to coincidence; but a few years ago Dr. Soal, by infinitely patient and prolonged tests, proved the case for telepathy conclusively. And Water Divining - a common and valuable practice - what explanation can science give for that?
Turning to more sensational manifestations of the supernatural, many people have been saved from death by warnings of an occult nature. One of the most intriguing is that which was vouched for by the late Lord Dufferin and Ava.
While staying in a house in Ireland, one night before getting into bed he looked out of the window. Below him in the bright moonlight he saw a man carrying a coffin. The man looked up; his face was striking and most unpleasant. Next morning no one in the house could offer any explanation of this extraordinary occurrence. Years later, Lord Dufferin was in Paris. He was about to enter an already crowded hotel lift. Suddenly he recognized the face of the lift attendant as that of the ghoul with the coffin. Startled, he stepped back. The man slammed the lift gates and up went the lift. At the third floor the cable broke. It crashed to the basement and everyone in it, including the lift man, was killed.
Many people will swear to having seen a ghost; but proof of the actual materialization of a spirit is very difficult to obtain. Personally, I am prepared to take the word of that great seeker after Truth, Harry Price. He carried out countless tests of reported psychic phenomena and ruthlessly ex¬posed scores of fake mediums; but he told me once that there could be no possible explanation, other than a supernatural one, for the appearances of Rosalie.
Every conceivable check to prevent fraud was taken. Yet on using his luminous plaque he saw this little naked girl standing in front of him; and having felt her all over would have sworn - but for the low temperature of her flesh - to her being a living child.
It was Harry Price who told me of a strange haunting in Sussex. One bedroom in this old house was so badly haunted that even the most sceptical visitors woke in it to find themselves being strangled; and any food left in a semi-basement room became putrid within a few hours. An exorcist was called in. The exorcism was carried out just before dawn in the bedroom. A ball, seemingly composed of black smoke and about the size of a football, appeared, rolled downstairs, out through the window of the semi-basement room and across the lawn to disappear in a small lake. The lake was later dredged and no less than three skeletons were brought up from it.
The Reverend Montague Summers told me of an exorcism he had performed in Ireland. He was called to a farmer's wife who, it was said, was possessed by an evil spirit. He arrived in the evening. On the table in the living room the remains of a cold leg of mutton had already been placed for supper; the woman was in the same room. At the sight of a priest she became so violent that she had to be held down. As he sprinkled the Holy Water on her and commanded the demon to come forth, a small cloud of black smoke issued from her foam-flecked mouth. It went straight into the cold mutton, and within a few minutes everyone present saw that the meat was alive with maggots.
Few men had more knowledge of the Occult than Montague Summers, and his books upon Witchcraft and Were wolves are classics. But he was, to say the least of it, a curious character. Rumour has it that he was not, in fact, a priest.
My wife and I went to stay at his house for a weekend. On the ceiling of our bedroom we found a score of enormous spiders. When I mentioned this, he replied only, 'I like spiders'; and in his garden my wife came upon the biggest toad she has ever seen. He tried to sell me a rare book. When I refused to buy it, I have never seen such malefic anger come into the eyes of any man. We made an excuse to leave on Sunday morning. .
With his long silver locks and, normally, benign expression, he looked like a Restoration Bishop. Years later I used his physical appearance for Canon Copely-Syle in To the Devil - a Daughter. For that I had a precedent, as in Mr. Somerset Maugham's early book The Magician the sorcerer, Hado, bears a striking resemblance to Aleister Crowley.
Mentioning books reminds me of A. E. W. Mason's Prisoner in the Opal. In it, he rightly associates the presence of the most powerful evil entities with intense cold. Dante's lowest circle in Hell was formed of ice.
I do not regard myself as psychic but I have once felt that terrifying chill. I was building a shack by moonlight in an old walled garden behind the Somme battlefield. It came upon me without rhyme or reason. I knew that something incredibly evil was watching me from behind - and it had suddenly become very cold. After a minute that seemed an eternity I panicked and fled in abject terror.
All this adds up to the fact that one cannot laugh off the Supernatural, and that like everything else in the Universe it is governed by definite laws. To utilise those laws for personal ends is to practise the Black Art. And it is still practised in England today.
One of the doctors who gave evidence before the B.M.A. Committee of Inquiry into faith healing stated that Black as well as White Magic is still widely practised in Devonshire; and that among his patients he had had one definite death caused by Witchcraft. That is something to give pause for thought to those readers who will this summer be motoring through Devon's lovely lanes.
http://www.dialectradio.co.uk
http://www.911forum.org.uk

Last edited by TonyGosling on Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total
rph
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The existence of forces of Light and Darkness is obvious enough - to me at least. Those forces however exist within a complex creation and the relationships between humans and those forces is a good deal more complex than Wheatley indicates.

I am not sure how deeply he saw into the processes by which Light and Darkness intermesh and serve to stabilise the Creation. The intermeshing can be symbolised by the yin-yang
TonyGosling
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some more, again first to web tonight, from the same collection.

MODERN WITCHCRAFT
Robert Graves
Witches have made headlines recently both in Germany and England. Mob violence is reported from Franconia, a Catholic province with a somewhat backward peasant population, against half-crazed old women accused of bewitching their neighbours. Farmer Sepp's best cow dies mysteriously, lice infest his house, his well dries up, his wife miscarries. Who is to blame? Old Mitzi, of course, who lives at the end of the land and once mumbled something nasty when Farmer Sepp accused her of stealing his apples. Nobody likes Old Mitzi, and the cat is doubtless a demonic familiar.
Julius Streicher, Nazi editor of Der Sturmer and Gauleiter of Franconia, exploited these old-fashioned witch-hunting instincts when he blamed the Jews for all Germany's ills. Now that the Jews have all gone, peasants vent their spite on witches again.
The sudden spread of organized witch groups in modem Britain follows naturally from Dr. Margaret Murray's anthropological studies, Witchcraft in Western. Europe and The God of the Witches, published a generation ago. She sur¬prised her readers by -presenting witches as members of an ancient British fertility cult - akin to those of Greece, Italy and Germany - whom the Christians persecuted for their stubborn traditionalism and who, despite all witness to the contrary, were harmless enough.
Until then, the popular view of witches had been the semi-comic Victorian one of the old crones in steeple hats riding through the moonlit air on brooms. Witch-hunts were ascribed to mass-hysteria, like the frequent reports of flying saucers a few years ago; and lawyers could smile at our famous legal authority, Blackstone of The Commentaries, who wrote: 'To deny the possibility, nay, the actual exis¬tence of witchcraft, is to contradict the revealed world of God.'
Blackstone had in mind I Samuel xxviii, 7-25, when the Witch of Endor raised up Samuel's ghost for Saul. But he can have placed little reliance in the confessions of supposed witches, extorted under the Witchcraft Act of 1541 by inquisitors armed with the official handbook, Malleus Maleficarum, or Hammer of Witches. Witch trials had been a public scandal at the time, although Elizabeth's inquisitors did not use the rack, hot tongs, tooth-drawing, or other crude Continental methods which violated English Common Law.
The witch's alleged crimes - of blasting crops, producing abortions in women and impotence in men, causing murrain among cattle, raising gales to wreck ships, killing by use of wax images or direct means - were all subsidiary to a greater sin of a pact with the Devil. Confession of this sin was readily obtained by anticipation of modern brain-washing techmques.
The word witch derives from the Anglo-Saxon wicca, 'a magician who weakens the power of evil'; and it was held that these 'powers of evil' could be identified and weakened only by a priest. A witch was taking too much on himself by his spells. Before the Norman Conquest, however, a proved witch had merely to do penance, though in some cases for as much as seven years; it was not until 1562 that he could be condemned to death. Many thousands of witches were then hanged: most charges being prompted by fear, malice, revenge, hope of gain, or sheer fanaticism - just as, in wartime, spies are seen everywhere.
King James I intervened personally at the trial of the North Berwick witches, who confessed that they had attempted to wreck his ship by throwing a christened cat into the sea. This offended his common sense, and he shouted out that they lied. But Agnes Sampson, a leader of the coven answered quietly that she did not wish him to think her a liar. Drawing James aside, she repeated word for word the conversation which had passed between him and his Danish queen in bed on their wedding night. Such manifest proof of second sight tilled him with fear: and the witches were accordingly hanged.
Witch-hunting in England was largely the sport of Puri¬tans. They took to heart the Mosaic command in Exodus xxii, 18: 'Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live!' Though a distinction had been hitherto made between 'white witches', who did cures or told fortunes in the name of the Virgin or the Saints, and the 'black witches', who followed their own dark devices, a witch's colour made no odds to the Puritans. After the Reformation their madness slowly cooled, but it was not until George II's reign that the various Witchcraft Acts were replaced by one making the crime punishable only if used for monetary fraud.
In 1950, this was superseded by the 'Fraudulent Mediums Act', when a confession of witchcraft became no more dangerous than that of atheism. Three or four covens seem somehow to have survived in England when Dr. Murray's sympathetic reassessment of organized witchcraft made a revival possible. It was helped by Britain's rapid de-Christianization, which did not imply a moral decline, but rather a criticism of church-going as inadequate to spiritual needs and out-of-step with history and science. Some of the younger generation took to ideal Communism or Nuclear Disarmament. But the witch cult, presented by Dr. Murray as a more ancient form of worship than Christianity, attracted the daredevils.
Its revival allowed full play to the stronger human emotions. Witches met secretly in wooded country, not in cold Gothic cathedrals or red-brick chapels. Women took as important a part in the dancing, singing, and feasting as men.
Each 'coven' consisted of six pairs, either husbands and wives, or engaged couples, and an officiating priestess. All went naked. Tests of fortitude under flagellation and horrific danger, the raising of spirits, cauldron stirrings, incense burning, love feasts, round-dances performed back to back, served one main purpose: that of reaching an ecstatic state in which the magnetic force of the whole coven was focused on some unanimously chosen object. Strange phenomena were then experienced - among them, it was said, visions of past and future. To concentrate this force, the rites were formed in a magic circle cut on turf.
I am not a witch myself and have never assisted at any Sabbath. Although most English witches of my acquaintance are honest idealists, the craft attracts hysterical or perverted characters and, there being no longer a Grand Master or Chief Devil to discipline them, schisms and dissolutions are frequent in covens.
The main architect of this revival was an elderly Scottish anthropologist, now dead, Dr. Gerald Gardner, curator of a Witchcraft Museum in the Isle of Man, and author of Witchcraft Today, a popular apology for his fellow-witches.
Dr. Gardner was first initiated into a Hertfordshire coven whose traditions had, it seems, been reinterpreted by a group of theosophists before being aligned with his own views of what young witches need in the way of fun and games. A female deity whom Dr. Gardner identified with the ancient European Moon-goddess, was preferred to Dr. Murray's Homed God.
Witchcraft Today, with a foreword by Dr. Murray, excited immediate attention. Sensational attacks made on Dr. Gardner by the British Press as 'a devil worshipper who puts around the dangerous idea that witchcraft is not evil' seems to have been based on Montague Summers' highly coloured accounts of diabolism and blood sacrifice in his Witchcraft and Black Magic. Dr. Gardner who believes in neither the devil nor in blood sacrifice received hundreds of fan-letters and applications for admittance to witch covens.
Apparently the equal division of the sexes in modem covens is Dr. Gardner's contribution to the craft; for Dr. Murray shows that although every medieval coven had its Maiden as assistant to the Chief, men were in the majority.
That witches existed in Britain from early times is undeniable. Members of a surviving Somersetshire coven still carry small blue tattoos in woad pricked below a particular finger joint, which stands for a letter in the pre-Christian Celtic alphabet. They call themselves 'Druids', worship a neolithic British god, and meet at cross-quarter-days - Candlemas, May Eve, Lammas, and Hallowe'en - in a Druidic stone circle. Nevertheless, I suspect that their tradi-tions are based on reforms made by some late eighteenth century antiquarian of the Edward Davies school.
Druids are chosen, after puberty, for certain natural powers of intuition and diagnosis, second sight, and thought control. Their membership, though tending to run in local families, includes professional men and women from London and Bristol. Their practices are very different from the spell casting, love-philtres, poisonings and blackmail of ancient Franconian, or indeed present-day Majorcan, witches! There is a village carpenter, living not many miles from my home in Majorca, whose wife, hearing that he was in love with the baker's daughter, once put a spell on him. He could no longer cross the doorstep into the street without fainting; not for 13 years. Then his wife died, he followed her coffin across the threshold and is now happily married to the baker's daughter.
Dr. Murray, Miss Christina Hole, Mr. Mervyn Peake, the late Charles Williams, and other investigators seem to have ignored one important fact about the medieval witch cult: that it was brought to Europe by the Saracens, and grafted on a pagan Celtic stock. The Saracens had seized Spain in 711 A.D. (and were not expelled until 1492), controlled southern France by 889, and soon added to it Savoy, Piedmont, and part of Switzerland. Their witch groups, like the dervishes, were devoted to ecstatic dancing, miraculous cures, and the pursuit of wisdom personified as a Divine Woman, from whom comes The Queen of Elphame, beloved by Thomas the Rhymer and other Scottish witch-men.
The God of the witches is held by Dr. Murray to be a lineal descendant of a paleolithic Goat or Stag-god who later became the Gaulish Cernunnus, and Shakespeare's Herne the Hunter. Yet the lighted candle which every Grand Master, disguised as a black he-goat, wore between his horns on the great Witches' Sabbath - whether in England or in France - points in a very different direction.
Idries Shah Sayed, the Sufi historian, has shown that a candle set between two horns emblemised the ninth-century Aniza school of mystics, founded by Abu-el-Ataahia. Abu came from the powerful Arabian Aniza (Goat) tribe, to which our contemporaries, Ibn Saud's sons and the Ruler of Kuwait both belong. The candle therefore meant 'illumination from the head of Aniza'.
'Robin', the generic name for a Chief or Grand Master, represents the Persian Rah-bin ('he who sees the road'). A Berber off-shoot of the Aniza school was known as 'the Two-Horned', and in Spain lived under the protection of the Aragonese Kings, who intermarried alike with the Prophet's royal descendants at Granada and with the English mon¬archy.
It is evidently this particular cult that reached the British Isles. An illustration on the cover of Sadducismus Trium¬phantus, a 1681 chap-book, shows Robin Goodfellow, horns on his head and candle in hand, capering among a coven of witches who number 13 like the Berber groups. A Two-Horned devotee wore his ritual knife, the ad-dbamne ('athame' to present-day witches) unsheathed and, as a re¬minder of his mortality, danced in a kafan, or winding-sheet (which is the most probable derivation of coven), at a meeting known as az zabat, 'the Powerful Occasion'. Hence the 'Witches Sabbath', or 'Esbar'. Two beautiful young French witches told De" Lancre, an examiner at La Bourd, that their Sabbath was a paradise of inexpressible joy, a prelude to still greater glory, and far better than the Mass. The Two Horneq did indeed consider ecstasy no more than a prelude to divine wisdom. Some of them rode sticks, or brooms, like hobby-horses; cantering 'widder-shins', against the course of the sun, as around the Kaaba at Mecca; which explains why English witches were accused of causing storms, mildew, and blight by this means. Modern witches are careful to dance in the sun-wise direction.
It is not known at what period the Two-Horned cult entered Britain. The climate was favourable in 1208, when the Pope laid England under an Interdict for ten years, and King John sent an embassy to Morocco with secret promises that he would turn Moslem. And again, 100 years later, when the entire Order of Knights Templars was accused of witchcraft and suppressed at the Pope's orders.
The original school of Aniza achieved a state of ecstasy by beating drums and cymbals, or rhythmic clapping in ever-increasing tempo: but hallucinogenic drugs seem to have been preferred at a later period, lest the noise of Two-Horned revels might come to the ears of Church officers.
The earliest accounts of broomstick rides say nothing of levitation; later ones suggest that an English witch, when initiated, was blindfolded, smeared with toxic flying ointment, and set astride a broom. The ointment contained fox-glove (digitalis) to accelerate the pulse, aconite to numb feet and hands, and belladonna, cowbane, or hemlock to confuse the senses. Other witches fanned the novice's face and, after a while, she could no longer feel her feet on the ground. The cry went up :

Horse and hattock, Horse and go,
Horse and pellatis
Ho, Ho!

and she believed the Chief who told her she was flying across land and sea.
Loathing of the crucifix is attributed alike to Templars and witches, the crucifix being a graven image of the kind which Moses (supported by Jesus himself, and by Mahomed) forbade to be worshipped. Both witches and Templars were, in fact, Christians, though heretical ones. Robin Hood bal¬lads, sung at May Games around a pagan Maypole, suggest that the Two-Horned cult had been active in the reign of Edward 11, who enlisted Robin and his merry men as Royal archers. Robin and Maid Marian belonged to a coven of thirteen.
But the Two-Horned did not dance naked; nor did any medieval British witches. The modern cult has borrowed its nudism either from the Far East or from Germany - where souvenir shops in the Harz mountains have long been selling figurines of naked young Brocken Hexen astride brooms.
There is no need to worry about modern witches. In fact, they have a great many worries of their own: such as that of finding 'seclusion for their rites - difficult these days, except in private houses or at nudist camps. Also charges of obscenity and diabolism, still levelled at them by newspapers. The diabolic Black Masses described by Montague Summers are not witchcraft, but intellectual atheism: a revolt from within the Catholic Church against its prime mysteries.
In 1954, Dr. Gardner wrote gloomily about the future of witchcraft:
'I think we must say goodbye to the witch. The cult is doomed, I am afraid, partly because of modern conditions, housing shortage, the smallness of modern families, and chiefly by 'education. The modern child is not interested. He knows witches are all bunk.'
Yet the craft seems healthy enough now, and growing fast, though torn by schisms and Dr. Gardner's death. It now only needs some gifted mystic to come forward, reunite, and decently reclothe it, and restore its original hunger for wisdom. Fun and games are insufficient.
The very latest development is that certain reputable psychotherapists are considering the possibility of curing their more socially inhibited patients by a discipline based on modern witchcraft, after enlisting coven-leaders in their service. But psychological science, even if supported by a prolonged study of primitive magic, is insufficient. Like fun and games.

THE WITCHES' SABBATH
Dennis Wheatley
The Sabbath - at which thirteen persons met by night to worship the Devil with obscene rites - was in Europe the direct outcome of the spread of Christianity. The New religion sought to enforce fasting, chastity and a generally puritanical existence. Many people were used to looking forward to such Roman festivals as the Saturnalia, when slaves were for a day the equal of their masters, and feasting ended in a general orgy. In consequence the Old religion went underground.
It must, too, be remembered that in the Dark Ages there were no buses to take people from lonely villages into the towns; no newspapers, football pools or television. So the Devil was on a good wicket for tempting country folk into occasional nights of wild indulgence.
Today Sabbaths - like those recently reported from Birmingham - usually take place in houses. But one cannot altogether ignore the persistent rumours of moonlight gatherings for Satan worship in Cornwall, Derbyshire and Northern Scotland; and there is very good reason to believe that a Sabbath was held on the site of an old pagan temple in the Cotswolds as recently as last April.
Aleister Crowley, so I was told by a well-known Member of Parliament who knew him intimately, held a Sabbath, of sorts, when he was up at Cambridge. He was a brilliant scholar, and planned to produce a Greek play; but owing to its immorality the Master of John's forbade him to do so.
To be avenged he made a wax image of the Master, then induced some of his fellow students to accompany him on a propitious night to a field. Having performed certain rites, Crowley called on the Devil and was about to plunge a needle into the liver of the wax figure. But his companions panicked. His arm was jerked and, instead, the figure's ankle was pierced. Next day the Master fell down some steps and broke his ankle.
Covens always numbered thirteen - a parody of The Last' Supper. They met in lonely dells, or sometimes in a high place if upon it there was an ancient monolith. There had to be a pond near-by: if there were not the members of the Coven dug a hole and urinated into it.
Sabbaths were held at full-moon, and on St. Walpurga's Eve (April 30th), St. John's Eve (June 23rd) and All hallowe'en (October 31st). On those dates Grand Sabbaths were also held, by thirteen Covens uniting at such places as the Brocken mountain in Germany and on Salisbury Plain.
The badge of office of the Chief of each Coven was a string worn below the left knee. This emblem of occult power goes back to prehistoric times, and it is probable that the Most Noble Order of the Garter originated from it.
The chronicle tells us that while King Edward III was dancing with his mistress, the Countess of Salisbury, her garter fell off; and, to her great confusion, snatching it up, he proclaimed the founding of the Order. Her confusion would have been great if it was a witch's garter; and it is conceivable that she was the Queen Witch of England. If so, by seizing her insignia he took her power to himself. It may well have been a clever political move to merge into his person as King the Chieftainship of the followers of the Old religion, of whom in those days there were still great num¬bers.
It is at least curious that he should have limited the Order to the Sovereign, the Prince of Wales and 24 Knights - two Covens; and that the Sovereign's mantle is embroidered with 168 garters which., with the garter he wears, makes 169 - i.e. 13 x 13 signifying lordship over that number of Covens.
The attempted suppression of the Old religion did not start till much later, and had its origin in the growing Puritanism which led to the Reformation. There then began the horrible witch-hunts in which old women, often guilty only of ugliness or practising White Magic, were ducked in ponds to see if they would float, stripped and searched for a third teat from which they were believed to feed their familiars - a cat, owl or toad - and stuck with pins, to find the spot rendered painless by the touch of the Devil's finger when he had accepted them as his own.
When preparing for a Sabbath, witches smeared their bodies with an unguent. Some unguents had stupefying qualities which caused them to dream that they had ridden naked through the night on a broomstick and that the Devil had had sexual intercourse with them.
The cult of the Voodoo goddess Erzulie is of a similar nature. Today, in the West Indies, every Thursday night thousands of negroes light candles to her, put clean sheets on their beds and - as she is violently jealous - turn their unfortunate wives out of the house; then give themselves up to dream embraces with this female counterpart of Satan.
The use of unguents by those who actually attended the Sabbaths is paralleled by modern worshippers in Satanic Temples inhaling the smoke from burning certain herbs. This has the effect of overcoming the scruples of the more timid, who might otherwise be revolted by the acts they are called on to perform, and stimulating the more hardened to a frenzy of abandonment. Aphrodisiacs are, of course, taken by all to increase sexual potency.
A Sabbath must have been a truly hellish spectacle. Head masks of goats, bats, cats and other animals were worn to conceal the identity of the participants. In a great cauldron a hell-broth bubbled - 'eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog', etc. A band struck up but each member of it played a different tune, resulting in cacophony. Grabbing up food and drink, the company gorged themselves to a surfeit. Naked but for their masks, they danced in a circle back to back. The Chief of the Coven presented his posterior and the others kissed it in homage. He, or she, then 'blessed' evil amulets, among which there was some times a dead man's hand - a talisman that was said to enable a robber to enter any house without being heard. Finally, in a wild orgy they vied with one another in sexual excess and every form of perversion.
The equivalents of Sabbaths are held by the Mau Mau to initiate recruits. Among other horrors the initiate, male or female, is made to perform most bestial acts with a goat and one of the Devil's names is 'The Goat of Mendes'.
In Haiti, too, such abominations still take place. There, the most terrible rite ever conceived is performed - the taking of a man's soul. The selected victim is bewitched and to all appearances dies. After he has been buried his body is dug up and re-animated. He does not know who he is; his memory has been completely obliterated. He has become a Zombie. The wizard who has stricken him puts him to work in the fields. There he labours automatically and tire-lessly, day after day, until he really dies from natural causes.
Zora Huston, a coloured American journalist of repute, carried out an exhaustive investigation into this subject. In her book, Voodoo Gods, she publishes a photograph of a Zombie.

THE BLACK MASS
Dennis Wheatley
Witches' Sabbaths, in various forms, are still held by people of every race and religion, but the Black Mass is exclusively a perversion of Christianity. It is a religious ceremony as distinct from a Satanic 'beanfeast'.
Each Holy Mass is dedicated to a definite 'intention'; so are Black Masses. It will be recalled that King Albert I of Belgium died in most mysterious circumstances ~ He was an exceptionally good man, so his premature end was a tragedy for all Europe. Soon after the publication of my book The Haunting of Toby Jugg I received a letter from a woman who stated that she had been present at a Black Mass held in Brighton the day before King Albert died, and that it had been held with the intention of bringing about his death. Her account was highly circumstantial and showed her to have a thorough knowledge of the Black Art.
Incidentally, it was at Brighton that Aleister Crowley was cremated in 1947, and the Black Magic rites that his disciples performed at his funeral led to an inquiry by the Town Council. .
The mummery indulged in during the celebration of a Black Mass might seem rather childish, were it not so hor¬rible and carried out with inten$e seriousness by those who participate. It is a complete travesty of the Christian ritual and the supreme act in the worship of the Devil.
The celebrant and his assistant - who is always a woman - wear their vestments back to front, and hitched up so as to expose their sexual parts. The altar is furnished with a broken crucifix standing upside down, and black candles in which brimstone has been mixed with the tallow. The ceremony opens by the congregation reciting the Lord's Prayer backwards.
Of this particular blasphemy I was an unconscious wit¬ness three years ago in a cellar Night Club in Nice. The compere of the cabaret was a haggard-looking man of about sixty, with a shock of white hair. After a husky rendering of some questionable songs, he began to intone. My French is limited almost to reading a restaurant menu, so I asked the friends who had brought me there what he was saying 'The Paternoster backwards,' they replied, shrugging it off as a memory feat in ill taste. But my own belief is that it was a subtle form of 'invitation' - an indication to anyone present who was interested in Black Magic that the blasphemer could put them in touch with a Satanic Circle.
A more usual means of recruiting for the Devil is through Spiritualism. I cannot believe that any good ever comes of trying to get in touch with loved ones who have died, although one cannot blame broken-hearted people who attempt to do so; but others attend seances only in search of excitement. At many seances the Black fraternity have what might be termed 'talent scouts'. They are on the lookout for widows 'of a certain age', for wealthy gentlemen in the fifties who have developed a prostate, and for young women who show signs of being neurotic.
They tell such people that the medium's 'act' is kindergarten stuff, and that they can show them something really thrilling. The older ones of both sexes who accept such invitations soon find their desires satisfied - at the price of having been photographed by hidden cameras and later blackmailed - the younger, drugged, dragooned and terrified, become the unpaid prostitutes of the Satanic Temples from which hideous bondage they rarely manage to escape.
At a Black Mass the whole ritual is recited backwards, then Communion wafers are defiled. These wafers are stolen from churches, and during the past twenty years the Press has reported numerous cases of such thefts. Next the sacrifice is offered up, its throat cut, the blood caught in a chalice and drunk in place of Communion wine. Finally the celebrant has intercourse with his assistant on the altar and the congregation, made frenzied by incense containing drugs, throw themselves upon one another in a general orgy.
To be of maximum effectiveness the Black Mass should be celebrated by an unfrocked priest, and the sacrifice be an unweaned babe. Madame de Montespan, the beautiful mis¬tress of Louis XIV, ordered many Black Masses with the 'intention' of retaining the King's waning love; and, it is said, both gave herself to the infamous Abbe Guibourg, who celebrated them for her, and bought unwanted babies for sacrifice.
The case of the warrior-sorcerer Gilles de Rais - upon whom the Blue Beard story was founded - permits of no doubt. After his execution the remains of 14 murdered children were found in the dungeons of his castle.
In our modern world it is not easy to buy infants, or kidnap them without risk of detection; so the usual sacrifice is a cat. Aleister Crowley, so a disciple of his told me, always used cats at his Abbaye de Theleme in Sicily. There was, too, the severed paw of a white kitten left on the altar of the Church of St. John the Baptist at Yarcombe, Somerset, in 1948. The church had been broken into and desecrated In various ways, making it evident that a Black Mass had been celebrated there.
The parallel Pagan rituals of the Carthaginians, the Aztecs and the Druids, all called for human sacrifice, but not necessarily of a child. And there remains unsolved the murder of Charles Walton at Meon Hill, Warwickshire, in 1945, to which no explanation could be found - other than that it was a ritual killing.

THE DEVIL'S SECRET SOCIETIES
Dennis Wheatley
'They draw pentacles on the floor, sir, and late at night the men dress up in silk smocks with the signs of the Zodiac on them. The ladies come down wearing masks and red, highheeled shoes. I've seen black candles, too.
'I hadn't an idea what it was all about. Just thought they were playing charades, or something, until I read your book To the Devil- a Daughter. Of course, I tumbled to it then. There can be no doubt about it, my employers are Satanists.'
The above is from a letter written to me by a chauffeur. He was employed by wealthy people who lived in a big house in the Eastern Counties. He went on to say that these parties sometimes numbered as many as twenty people, some of whom came down from London in big cars and drove off in them again before dawn.
This man wrote to me three times. He gave his address, signed his name and offered to meet me in his nearest town. In view of that, and the fact that his letters showed no signs of hysteria, I see no reason to suppose that he was not telling the truth.
Such gatherings to practise the Black Art undoubtedly take place. There are, of course, phony imitations, organized only for the purpose of lechery followed by blackmail, but genuine Satan worship is still as prevalent today as - shall we say - the dope traffic.
Magic is a science. It cannot just be picked up. One would have to have a quite exceptional brain to make, unaided, any practical use of Eliphas Levi's Doctrine and Ritual of Transcendental Magic, or the famous Malleus Maleficarum, or even of Aleister Crowley's Magick in Theory and Practice; let alone of the rare but great classics such as Le Clavi¬cule de Salomon and Grimoire of Pope Honorius.
Without a sound understanding of the esoteric doctrine it would be futile - if not actually dangerous - to call up evil forces, or to rely for protection on a pentacle the Cabalistic signs of which had been chosen by guesswork.
It follows that the sorcerer or witch must be taught his or her business, just as the priests of any other religion are taught theirs. Therefore, secret societies to hand down the Devil's mysteries, and to spread his cult as widely as possible among the ignorant, have always existed.
Their most successful operations have been to infiltrate themselves into the leadership of movements for reform. Many saintly men have led revolts against the abuses of the 'Church, but their words have been misinterpreted and their work worse than undone by the disciples of evil a generation later.
An example is cited in the first volume of Sir Winston Churchill's book, A History of the English-Speaking Peoples. The Albigenses, [Cathars? ed.] a people who in the thirteenth century inhabited a large part of south-western France, were led to believe that 'life on this earth in the flesh was the work of Satan', which meant that 'they were freed from the menaces of the next'. Like a prairie fire immorality and disorder spread through the whole region. The King of France launched a 'home Crusade'; they were massacred by the thousand, until none was left.
Then there were the Knights Templar, an Order of Chivalry founded for the rescue of the Holy Sepulchre. Their main base was Malta. In their decadence, perverted by evil successors to their early Grand Masters, initiates had to spit three times on the Cross and swear allegiance to the Devil in the form of a bearded idol named Baphomet.
Their headquarters in Paris was a palace-fortress called the Temple. King Philippe IV had their Grand Master, Jacques de Molay, and many of his Knights arrested there, and brought to trial for heresy. They were burnt at the stake. But the Order swore to be avenged upon the Monarchy of France.
Five hundred years later it was. From the tower of the Temple Louis XVI was taken to the guillotine. And that the Temple had been chosen for his prison was not chance. The French Revolution was directed by the Masonic Lodge of the Grand Orient, which had inherited the championship of evil.
It should be clearly understood that Masonry in the British Commonwealth has no connection whatever with the Grand Orient. Continental Masonry is altogether different. Its inner circles are the successors of those of the German Illuminati and the Rosicrucians -:- two other great secret societies whose leaders started them with good intent, but which later fell into evil hands. Even its rank and file members are avowed atheists.
In the past two hundred years the Grand Orient has brought about many revolutions and in 1902-4, with the French War Minister, General André, in its toils, it suc¬ceeded in so weakening the High Command of the Army that France would have proved incapable of resisting in¬vasion.
It is the Grand Orient, more than all other factors to¬gether, which has reduced France, once the most powerful nation in Europe, to her present pitiful condition. But now its activities are being surpassed by those of its fellow revolu¬tionaries and atheists - the Communists. Their founder, Karl Marx, advocated the destruction of the middle classes by every means including violence, and their efforts are world wide.
The dual principle of Good and Evil, which is the basis of every religion, must continue in perpetual conflict until the end of time. On the Right hand we have warmth, light, growth and order; on the Left hand darkness, cold, decay and chaos.
Do the authorities know of any Satanic societies operating in our midst today? I can only tell you that when discussing this matter in 1938 with one of my oldest friends - a man who has spent most of his life in MI5 - he asked me:
'Does "The Shadow" convey anything to you?'
'No,' I replied.
He made a wry grimace and said: 'Believe me, Dennis, I would rather be up against a combination of the most dangerous German and Russian agents I have ever known, than up against "The Brothers of the Shadow".'

FORETELLING THE FUTURE
Dennis Wheatley
There is a 'gap in the curtain' through which some people can see. Of that I have incontestable proof.
In the 1920s I used occasionally to visit a seer named Dewhirst. He predicted to me the circumstances in which I should meet my wife' and even described the way she did her hair.
In 1932 I went to see him again. Immediately I entered his room he exclaimed: 'You've written a book!'
That was pretty staggering as I had not seen him for two years and I had only just sent the manuscript of my first novel to an agent. But he went on:
'You are on your right road at last. Someone whose name begins with H will sell millions of your books. They will be read in every country under the sun.' Then he named the seven weeks ahead, on which I would have good news about my book.
On that date I learned that Walter Hutchinson had taken The Forbidden Territory for publication..
He used no cards or crystal. Only lesser soothsayers require such aids for tuning in to the occult. And I have never 'known anyone else with such powers of supernormal vision.
Fortune-telling of this kind is not evil. But it becomes so, when cruelty to animals and/or Satanic rituals are employed. The Ancients examined the entrails of still living birds and beasts; and necromancy entails raising the dead ¬as that dark tale in the Bible tells us the Witch of Endor did for Saul. .
Whole life forecasts are obtained by casting horoscopes. That means relating the day and hour of birth to the position of the Heavenly bodies. It is a long and complicated process, as the Sun, Moon and Planets are all credited with contributing to a person's character and influencing his acts.
Each, too, has a number, and every person has a number arrived at by a combination of. his birth date and the numerological value of the letters forming his name. The ancient belief is that from these lucky and unlucky days and periods can be foretold.
This possibility cannot be ruled out. There is good reason to believe that plants thrive better when planted under a waxing Moon. It is possible that each Heavenly body emits something in the nature of what we now term 'cosmic rays', to which the human mind is sensitive.
If so, they are governed by Natural Laws not yet fathomed by science - and we regard predictions of this kind as supernatural only because we have no explanation for them.
Palmistry is definitely a science, although not yet accepted as such. I learned to read hands while serving as a subaltern on the Western Front. With practice anyone can tell character, talents and health. tendencies from the shape of the hands, their resilience, the nails and the lines on the palms. But, when it comes to predicting the future, the latter must be regarded as a means of tuning in.
Disappointment and warped judgment are the price that nearly everyone pays who seeks guidance by having his fortune told - however innocent the means. Because, even apart from fraud, the tendency is always to interpret predictions in the sense one would like them to mean.
The most famous oracle of ancient times was at Delphi. In a cellar priestesses threw themselves into a trance by inhaling the smoke of burning herbs, then answered questions put to them through a crack in the ceiling. Their utterances usually contained the germ of truth, but were so cryptic that numerous Greek generals were led by them into doing the wrong thing.
The extraordinary prophecies of Nostradamus, in the sixteenth century, were so obscure that few people understood them when made; yet many of them have since been fulfilled. Among other things, he predicted that in the year 2000 Paris would finally be destroyed by fire sent down from a flock of giant man-made birds coming from the Far :East. That must have sounded sheer nonsense 400 years ago. But, were I likely to live that long, you would not find me drinking a champagne cocktail in the Ritz bar there round the year 2000. ,
Perhaps, though, by then the Russians will be occupying Paris, and the atom-belching missiles have been despatched from an Australia which has become the home base of the British people?
It is so easy to put a wrong construction on prophecies. The stars may foretell that on Wednesday 'Something is coming your way'. It may be an old boot at your head.
And predictions can lead you into trouble. When Dewhirst foretold big money from my book for me, I might have gone on a spending spree. But it was not until a year later that I received more than an advance of £30, so I would have landed myself in a nasty mess.
The following shows how futile it is to make plans based on information received by occult means. Hitler employed the best astrologers and soothsayers that could be found in the Nazi empire, and never made a move without consulting them. Churchill, on the other hand, had no dealings with such people. All War Cabinet decisions were based upon reasoned assessments submitted by our Chiefs of Staff. Yet the British - for a year, alone - held the whole might of Germany at bay.
A few more words on Magic. No saying is less true than that 'The Devil looks after his own'. I have never yet met anyone who practised Black, or even Grey, Magic who was not hard up.
Finally: should you ever have reason to believe that you or yours have come into the orbit of malignant occult forces, do not hesitate to consult your parson or priest. They will not laugh. And should you ever be confronted with an evil manifestation, have no fear. Pray for help. It will im¬mediately be given to you. Make the Sign of the Cross and 'thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night'.

AN INDICTMENT FOR WITCHCRAFT
Anonymous
Annaple Thompsone, widow in Borrostowness and Margaret Pringle, wife of the deceased John Campbell, seivewright there, are indigtted and accused that whereas, notwithstanding the law of God particularlie set down in the Twentieth Chapter of Leveticus and the Eighteenth Chapter of Deuteronomy, and by the lawes and acts of Parliament of this kingdome and constant practis thereof, particularlie to the Twentyseventh act, 29 Parliament Q. Marie, the cryme of WITCHCRAFT is declaired to be one HORREID, ABOMINABLE AND CAPITAL CRYME, punishable with the pains of death and confiscation of moveables :nevertheless it is of veritie, that you have committed and are gwyltie of the said cryme of WITCHCRAFT, in awa far ye have entered in practicion with the DEVILE, the enemie of your salvatoiwn, and have renownced our blessed Lord and Saviour, and your baptizme, and have given yoursellfes, both sou lies and bodies, to the DEVILE, and wyth swyndrie witches, in divers places. And particularlie ye, the said Annaple Thompsone, had a metting with the DEVILE, in your coming betwixt Linlithgow and Borrostowness, where the DEVILE, in the lykeness of one black man, told you, that you was one poor puddled bodie, and had one lyiff and difficulties to win through the world; and promesed if you wald followe him, and go alongst with him, you should never want, but have one better lyiff; and about fyve weeks thereafter the DEVILE appeared to you, when you was going to the coal-hill, abowt seven a-clock in the morning. Having renewed his former temptatiown, you did condeshend thereto and declared yourself content to follow him and become his servant; and ye and other persones wis at several metting with the DEVILE, in the links of Borrostowness, and ye did eate and drink with the DEVILE, and with one another. And you, the said Margaret Pringle, have be in one witch this many yeeres bygone, hath renownced your baptizme and become the DEVILE'S servant, and promeis to follow him, and the DEVILE took you by the right hand, whereby it was for eight days greivowslie pained, but, having it twitched new again, it immedeatlie became haill. And ye both, and ilk of you, was at a metting with the DEVILE at the croce of Murestain, above Renneil, upon the threttein of October last, when you all danced, and the DEVILE acted the piper, and where you endevored to have destroyed Andrew Mitchell, sone to John Mitchell, elder in dean of Kenneil.
http://www.dialectradio.co.uk
http://www.911forum.org.uk
Child-of-Light

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by Child-of-Light on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
rph
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Man needs only look to the source of the Christ to find The real God

Quite so, but who teaches humans how to do that?

And I am not sure what Tony is doing with these extensive quotes. Perhaps he wishes some more traffic on the site.

But I do not think that such superficial considerations of human dealings with darkness really move the human race forward in it understanding (seeing what stands under) the Creation
Child-of-Light

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: As after all I'm NOT a mason and this is a debate of sorts Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by Child-of-Light on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
rph
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>all has deteriorated over time

That is a fair statement.

But does the human race have the capacity or patronage necessary to establish a better understanding of the nature of reality?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bilderberg.org Forum Index -> Bilderberg conference 2020 supposedly cancelled. Speculation/leaks. NATO/Brussels superstate dying, or exploding? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: